select a department

Code Enforcement

How long does a permit take?
What if I do not get a permit?
Why do I need a construction permit? How does getting a permit benefit me?
How can I be sure the Inspection Department has an updated address?

Department of Public Works

How does bulk trash pick-up work?
How can I report a streetlight outage?
Do You Have a Public Works Related Concern? (Additional Cans, Electronics, Missed Cans, Brush, Bulk Pickup, Potholes, Metal, Signs Down, Street Sweeping, etc.)
What day should I put out my garbage/recycling if there's a holiday?
On which holidays is there no garbage pickup?
Where should I place the leaves for pickup?
When are leaves picked up?
Can I place my bins at the curb the day before pickup?
Can I recycle concrete, bricks, or cinder blocks?
Can I recycle paint cans, chemicals, motor oil or hazardous material?
Can I recycle metal objects?
Can I recycle furniture or other wood products?
Can I recycle car parts?
Can I recycle tree branches and shrubbery?
Can I recycle computers and electronics?
Can I recycle clothing, hand bags, belts and shoes?
What items can I put in my yellow recycling container?
What is the recycling and garbage pickup schedule?

Department of Registrar/Vital Statistics

What are the requirements for applying for a domestic partnership?
How long after a birth occurs is it filed with the office of vital statistics?
Can vital records be faxed?
Can I call the registrar to verify if a record exists?
Can a person who is eligible to receive certified copies designate someone to obtain a vital record for them?
How do I obtain an Apostille Seal?
What is the quickest way to obtain a certified copy of a vital record?
Where do I obtain a divorce decree?
What is the procedure to correct information on a vital record?
Where do I apply for a marriage license, civil union or domestic partnership?
When do I apply for a marriage license or civil union?
What are the application requirements to obtain a marriage or civil union license?
Is a vital record on file where I live or where the event occurred?

Emergency Medical Services

How do I send in a donation?
Does the EMS department have a Ride Along Program
Who do I call if I have a question in regards to a bill received?
Do I receive a bill, if I am transported to the Hospital?
How do I become an EMT?
How can I obtain a career in the EMS department at Lakewood?


What is an easement?
How can I determine what flood zone I am in? Where do I obtain a Flood Elevation Certificate?
Where can I find a copy of my property survey?
What is the approval process in order to open a roadway which is under a moratorium? (utility work)
Who do I contact to have a street paved?
What is a right-of-way?
Who do I contact about broken sidewalk in front of my house?
How do I determine if property may contain wetlands?
Change of Use/Site Plan Exemption vs Site Plan
What is a plot plan?
What is an as built?

Fire Department

Does the Lakewood Fire Department have it's own website?
How do I learn more about the Lakewood FIre Department?

Industrial Commission Department of Economic Development

Where can I park my truck and/or trailer overnight?
Who can I speak to about assistance with land development or other large scale project issues?
What opportunities are there in the Industrial Park for lease or purchase of commercial space?
What incentives can I get for moving a business to Lakewood?
LWYW - How do I find out more about the Live Where You Work program and how I can use it?
How can I qualify and apply for tax abatement on my new building?

Inspections / Construction

Do I need a Certificate of Occupancy when selling my home?
What do I need to bring in to apply for a Rental Certificate of Occupancy?
What should I do if I receive an inspection ticket or violation in the mail?
How do I schedule an inspection?
How long is my permit good for?
Can I prepare my own plans?

Lakewood Development Corporation Urban Enterprise Zone

What is an Urban Enterprise Zone, and how do I register to become an Urban Enterprise Zone business?
How do I start a business?
How do I find out about the upcoming business seminars?

Lakewood Township Government

How do I request to purchase Township land?
How do I report a street light outage?
How do I reserve Lakewood Town Square?
How do I apply for a Marriage License?
How do I obtain a Birth Certificate?
How do I obtain a Death Certificate?

Municipal Court

Is a court date a trial date?
What is warrant and bail?
What if I cannot afford an attorney?
What are the methods of payment?
How do I contact the prosecutor?
What if I fail to appear in court?

Municipal Manager

How do I request to purchase Township land?
How do I reserve Lakewood Town Square?

Planning Board

What is a site plan?
What is a minor subdivision?
What is a major subdivision?
What is a variance?
What is zoning?
What is an ordinance?
What is a resolution?
What is a waiver?

Police Department

How do I apply for a temporary handicap placard?
Forms are available at the Police Department's Administrative Services Division. The application must be completed, certified by a medical doctor, podiatrist or chiropractor, and then approved by the Chief of Police. There is a $4.00 fee payable by check or money order to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. Cash cannot be accepted.
Who do I contact if I feel there is an error in a police report?
I am hosting an event and would like to hire an off duty officer to assist with traffic control.
Does LPD fax or email accident reports?
Where do I obtain a copy of my accident report?
Is there any fee associated with obtaining a copy of an accident report?
How do I go about retrieving personal belongings from my vehicle that has been impounded?
My car was impounded for expired registration/insurance. How do I go about getting it released?
I had a very good experience with an officer and would like to compliment him. Is there a form to submit?
I had an unpleasant experience with an officer and would like to file a complaint. Is there a form to submit?

Tax Assessor

How can I file for an appeal?
When is the deadline to file an appeal?
Can properties be tax exempt or tax deductions?
When will I be notified of my property value?
What should I know before I file an appeal?

Tax Collector

How do I change my mailing address?
How do I change my name and address for tax records?
How are my taxes calculated?
How can I apply for the tax relief programs?
What is the Tax Sale?
When are taxes due?
How is interest calculated and charged?

Township Clerk

How do I apply for a Marriage License?
How to I obtain a Birth Certificate?
How to I obtain a Death Certificate?
Where are the voting/polling districts?
How do I register to vote?
Where can I find Lakewood Township's Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
What is the Open Public Records Act (OPRA)?
Where can I get information about a Liquor License?
Where can I get the application for a raffle or bingo license?
Where can I get a passport?
What do I have to do to get a peddler's license?
How do I get a dog license?
What is the Township Clerk's email?
Where are the voting/polling districts?
How do I register to vote?
How do I open a taxi business?


What is the fee for a zoning permit?
How can I find out the zone my property is located in?
Is zoning approval required prior to applying for a construction permit?
Do I need a permit for pavers or concrete patio?
Do I need a permit for a shed?
Do I need a permit for a fence?